Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dreams of colour and light

I've never been anywhere "developing" in the world. Well, I was born in Africa, but my experiences there are limited to a few pictures and no real memories... I have always dreamed to travelling to exotic places like Kathmandu, Marrakech, Columbia and Bali to name a few. I imagine them to be full of colour and light and life.

Having grown up in a good family, I've gone to private schools my whole life. Even though I was never one of the "well-off" girls, I had a fantastic upbringing and I have never really had any problems that you could call 'serious'. But being solely exposed to certain people and certain ways of life has completely limited my views and I really think I'm clueless when it comes to what the standard way of life is.That's why I'm hoping travelling will be able to shed some light.

I see people around me, and everyone I know seems to fit the same cookie-cutter mould: going to university to get some banal and futile degree which they rarely enjoy, getting a job, going out to the same crappy clubs as everyone else and seemingly wanting little more. I struggle to believe that that's all I should want, or what everyone else really wants. I crave adventure, and bizarre experiences which are completely out of the realms of my imagination! I think the world has so much to offer, and it's brimming with possibility, but most people don't seem to want to find out what's out there. I cannot comprehend how or why this is. I think places which apparently aren't quite as advanced as other nations, have so much rare beauty and knowledge to offer in the form of culture, history, cuisine, fashion, architecture, literature, practices, beliefs and much, much, much more.

This is Udaipur, where I will be visiting later this year. Have you seen anything more beautiful?


No comments:

Post a Comment