Friday, April 8, 2011

it's about time i wrote a new post

So I haven't quite gotten the hang of blogging, seeing as this is my second post in about 3 months... A fair bit has happened since last I wrote. I decided to go to university, and after I was accepted into the best journalism course in Sydney and possibly the country, I began a new chapter. It was a very small chapter. After about 3 weeks, give or take, I dropped out and vowed never to become a journalist. To be honest it was a bizarre choice seeing as I tend to avoid reading the papers, preferring literature, fiction and food instead. I had thought it would allow me to get straight into food, but to be a journalist (whether that be of the political, sports or scientific kind) you have to be a journalist at heart, and you should be able to write about anything. I very quickly discovered it was about finding the story, and it shouldn't matter which one. So now I'm working two jobs, both cafes (what joy), and I'm saving to go to India in a few months time.

My food exploration hasn't really been taking place but to be honest I don't have the time or money. I feel like I'm back in a rut, and as much as I hated the course I was doing at uni, I really was enjoying the whole experience of being out of my comfort zone and meeting tonnes of new and interesting people. In that respect I did grow, because I was forced to test my comforts. That's what I'm going to miss. Now I feel as if everyone is getting on and living their lives, and I'm just watching from the sidelines. Nothing of that much interest is happening in my life. I don't really feel that passionate or driven at the moment and that's scaring me. I want to feel a fire, and I want to want to work hard if that makes sense. Oh well, time will tell :)

I will do my best to keep you all posted, although I'm fairly sure no one is reading this!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment